Bob Dylan is an American singer-songwriter, artist and writer. He has been influential in popular music and culture for more than five decades. Much of his most celebrated work dates from the 1960s when his songs chronicled social unrest, although Dylan repudiated suggestions from journalists that he was a spokesman for his generation. Source Wikipedia
Cher (born May 20, 1946) is an American singer and actress. Called the Goddess of Pop, she is described as embodying female autonomy in a male-dominated industry. She is known for her distinctive contralto singing voice and for having worked in numerous areas of entertainment, as well as adopting a variety of styles and appearances during her five-decade-long career. source: wikipedia
"You know you’re in for one helluva laughter riot when you’re going to be in the company of Mike Reiss, co-creator of ‘The Simpsons’. Mike was in India last month as part of MTV’s Youth Marketing Forum 2016 where he was one of the keynote speakers at the MTV Many Me Project discussions. Needless to say, the man kept the audience in splits of laughter as he talked about behind-the-scenes of ‘The Simpsons', cartoon characters being gay and Presidential candidate Donald Trump."
1. "All Cartoon characters are gay - Bugs Bunny, Tweety Bird, Pink Panther, Donald Duck. Pink panther is pink so it's obvious."
2. "Donald Duck is a character right out of gay porn. He wears a sailor suit and no pants!"
3. "The gayest thing in the animation industry is Woody Woodpecker. His name has three erections."
4. "I'm not gay. But I'm Jewish. It's kind of the same thing."
5. "The Simpson's is a show about human stupidity. The dumber the people get, the better our show is."
6. "The Simpson's made a joke 15 years ago about Donald Trump being President."
7. "America is a stupid country. It is shown every day on The Simpson's."
8. "Choosing to elect between Donald Trump and Ted Cruz is like choosing between a monkey and The Joker."
9. "Don't worry about Trump. It'll be like having a monkey as president. It'll be funny and cute."
10. "You know he might hit the wrong button and blow up China. But, it'll be cute." Source: mensxp.com
"Fox has appeared in magazines such as Maxim, FHM, and Rolling Stone and has been considered as one of the modern female sex symbols. As the actress celebrates her 30th birthday, here are some of her most popular quotes:
"I'm not a 'sexy' 'beautiful' woman. It takes a lot of work to make me look like a girl."
"To be outspoken, or different at all, is a problem for women."
"I'm not a type of feminist who is afraid to be sexy."
"I try to live with the idea that karma is a very real thing. So I put out what I want to get back."
"I think you accidentally learn things in high school that turn out to be life lessons when you are able to step back a bit and study them in more depth."
"Sometimes I say things that I think are obviously sarcastic and people take them quite literally."
"I just really want it at some point to be OK for women and young girls to be sexy because I think that's a power, a gift that we were given by God or the universe or whatever." Source: ibtimes.co.in
"Oscar-nominated filmmaker George Lucas turns 72-years-old on 14 May. Having conjured up hugely imaginative worlds such as the Star Wars universe and Indiana Jones' adventures, it comes as no surprise that Lucas has said things worth remembering over the years. So, to help celebrate his birthday, IBTimes UK have collated his best quotes and advice to help you 'stay on target'.
On Star Wars: "When I was making 'Star Wars,' I wasn't restrained by any kind of science. I simply said, 'I'm going to create a world that's fun and interesting, makes sense, and seems to have a reality to it.'" "Maybe you're here for a reason. Maybe I was here to do Star Wars and that's it. I'm living on borrowed time." "None of the films I've done was designed for a mass audience, except for Raiders of the Lost Ark (aka Indiana Jones). Nobody in their right mind thought American Graffiti or Star Wars would work."
On the origin of Chewbacca: "There was a dog in American Graffiti, but I didn't use [my dog] Indiana for the part because it was a night scene and I wanted a white dog. My wife was very upset that I didn't put my own dog in the movie; so I said I'd put Indiana's spirit in the next one. And that's how the Wookiee came into being."
On what it's really like to direct films: "It's hard work making movies. It's like being a doctor: you work long hours, very hard hours, and it's emotional, tense work. If you don't really love it, then it ain't worth it." "A director makes 100 decisions an hour. Students ask me how you know how to make the right decision, and I say to them, 'If you don't know how to make the right decision, you're not a director.'" See More at Source: ibtimes.co.uk
"Want to get in the spirit for Friday the 13th? Check out these 13 creepy quotes, and revel in your own impending doom.
1. "Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear."—Edgar Allan Poe
2. "For the dead travel fast."—Bram Stoker, Dracula
3. "Danny isn't here, Mrs. Torrance."—Danny Torrance, The Shining
4. "She thought she heard a sound behind her — fragile, skittering. Amelia turned. The sound had stopped. She felt a chill move up the backs of her legs. 'It’s He Who Kills,' she said with a smile."—Richard Matheson, Prey
5. "A cold hand fell on Louis’s shoulder. Rachel’s voice was grating, full of dirt. 'Darling' it said."—Stephen King, Pet Semetary
6. "We're all mad here."—Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
See more at Bustle.com
"Here’s what other famous parents to be have said about their children and babies-to-be:
1. 'There’s something really empowering about going, ‘Hell, I can do this! I can do this all!’ That’s the wonderful thing about mothers, you can because you must, and you just DO.’ - Kate Winslet
2. ‘In my career there’s many things I’ve won and many things I’ve achieved. But my greatest achievement is my family. What matters is being a good father and a good husband—just being connected to family as much as possible. Being a dad is more important than football, more important than anything. I adore children. I love the fact our children are part of both of us. It’s one of the most amazing things ever.’ - David Beckham
3. ‘I think what surprised me the most about motherhood, as sentimental as it sounds, is how much I love my kids. I mean, I just can't believe it. It's like a whole new dimension in emotion that I've never experienced.’ — Gwyneth Paltrow
4. ‘It sounds stupid, but—at the end of How the Grinch Stole Christmas, you know how his heart grows, like, five times its size? Everything is full; it’s just full all the time.’ - Matt Damon
5. ‘The unconditional love for you child, it's truly amazing.’ - Jourdan Dunn
6. ‘[Fatherhood] is everything […] The hardest job in the world, the most rewarding job in the world […] We put in long days. And to go home and have dinner with your kids, and have to discipline one of them who's out of line, and still have the energy for that is.... I can't explain the fulfillment of that, but it is everything.’ - Brad Pitt
Read more at InStyle
"It’s finals week — you all know what that means. Rough times are upon us. Life can only get worse from here. At least, it might seem that way right now. Maybe with a dose of well-meaning Michael Scott and a pinch of clueless Kevin Malone, it might not be that bad. Check out these quotes from “The Office” that might make the upcoming week just a little bit easier. And we say “might,” because they probably won’t with the amount of work you have to do. Hey, it’s the thought that counts, right?
Michael Scott: “Am I going to tell them? No, I am not going to tell them. I don’t see the point of that. As a doctor, you would not tell a patient if they had cancer.”
Worried about telling your parents about the grades you got this semester? Take after Michael and spare Mom and Dad the misery of even knowing that unfortunate information. Not telling them would be a good deed. Charity, even. (Yes, your grades are that bad.)
Michael Scott: “Do I have a special someone? Well, yeah, of course. A bunch of ’em. My employees. If I had to choose between a one-night stand with some stupid cow I picked up in a bar and these people? I’d pick them every time. Because with them, it is an everyday stand.” See more at Source: DailyCal
"If it sounds like a lot for a rookie or first-year NFL hopeful to handle — it is. But that’s the point. The Colts coaches want to throw as much as they can at these guys in a four-day period to see what sticks, and who can process and apply their lessons the quickest.
So with this year’s Colts rookie minicamp officially in the books, let’s take a quick look back at some of the top quotes from the players and head coach Chuck Pagano about the experience:
• “Keep your head down. Keep your blinders on. Control what you can control. That’s your work habits, your effort on the football field, your meeting protocol, all those things. Don’t look around. Don’t count numbers. Don’t compare. Don’t complain. Just be a sponge. Absorb as much as you can. Learn as much as you can. Whether it’s offense, defense, special teams, the more you can do. Work your tail off, be where you’re supposed to be, know your assignments and make some plays out there and good things will happen.” — Colts head coach Chuck Pagano on what he told the rookie minicamp participants on Day 1.
• “Yeah, when I first walked in the equipment room to get my helmet I was in awe about it. I actually have an NFL helmet and it has my name on it and it has my number on it. It’s just a special feeling for me to finally be on this level.” — Safety T.J. Green, the Colts’ second-round pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, on Thursday’s equipment fitting." See More at Source: Colts.com
"Mother's Day is a time to tell Mom just exactly how much she means to you, but those words don't always come easily. Sure, you tell her you love her all the time, but there's extra pressure on Mother's Day to put into words how much you cherish your relationship — which is a lot, but how do you say that in a way that doesn't sound cheesy?
As it turns out, Mom probably already knows how much you appreciate her, but in case you're looking to really drive the message home, share with her one of these quotes. Write them in a card, or post one on Facebook. Just make sure that, one way or another, Mom sees it. Happy Mother's Day!
2. "Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother." — Oprah Winfrey
3. "Youth fades; love droops; the leaves of friendship fall; A mother’s secret hope outlives them all." — Oliver Wendell Holmes
4. "A mother's happiness is like a beacon, lighting up the future but reflected also on the past in the guise of fond memories." — Honore de Balzac
5. "There’s no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one." — Jill Churchill See more at Bustle
1. "In buying stock, buy brains and you’ll profit." –Malcolm Forbes
2. "Things always just seem to balance out in the long run. In fact, I’m almost there. The zero line is within inches of my trembling outstretched grasp." –David B. Lentz
3. "A day will come when there will be no battlefields, but markets opening to commerce and minds opening to ideas." -Victor Hugo
4. "The most valuable commodity I know of is information." –Gordon Gekko
5. "Never buy anything from someone who is out of breath." –Burton G. Malkiel See More at Forbes
“From witty quips said by (who else?) Tony Stark to heartbreaking exchanged shared between the Avengers, the Civil War quotes below are ones Marvel fans will be thinking about long after they leave the theater. At two and a half hours long, this movie is filled to the brim with quotable moments, and you won't want to miss a single one. Check out the 23 best quotes from Civil War below, but beware, they contain some pretty big spoilers:
1. Natasha: "Looking Over Your Shoulder Should Be Second Nature."
Sam: "Anyone Ever Tell You You're A Little Paranoid?"
Natasha: "Not To My Face. Why, Did You Hear Something?"
2. Zemo: "Homecoming... One... Longing... Rusted..."
These are the words, plus a few others, that lead to Bucky's activation as the Winter Soldier." See more at Source: Bustle
"During his news conference, Bird smiled and sighed. He also became emotional when it came to his relationship to Vogel for the past five and a half years. Here are the top five quotes from Bird on Thursday with analysis on the impact they might have on the franchise moving forward:
No. 1“We talked for probably a half hour on the phone. He was trying to talk me out of this decision. Frank loves it here, his family loves it and he kept bringing it up about can we sit down and delay the news conference and start all over again. He’s going to be missed. He’s a good guy, he’s good for our community.”
“It’s time for a new voice around here. Sometimes my job really sucks and this is one of the toughest things I’ve done because of the respect that I have for Frank. I had time to think about it and watch the team throughout the year. I know a lot of you didn’t expect us to make the playoffs, but obviously I have a lot higher expectations than most people about how our team should play and how far they should go in the playoffs and compete every night. I just came to the conclusion that I felt it was necessary for these guys to hear a new voice, but it’s tough.” See More at Source IndyStar
Thankfully there are certain Chief Executive Officers who believe–like I do–that purpose is table stakes for employees, the organization and society on the whole.
Found below are what I believe to be 15 CEO’s who are operating (or have operated) their organizations with a higher sense of purpose. Each CEO has a corresponding quotation that highlights their beliefs for a more purposeful society.
“At the end of the day, you want to be profitable, but that’s not the meaning of life.” – Daniel Lamarre, Cirque du Soleil
“To be truly successful, companies need to have a corporate mission that is bigger than making a profit.” – Marc Benioff, Salesforce
“We have to bring this world back to sanity and put the greater good ahead of self-interest.” – Paul Polman, Unilever
“I’m here to build something for the long-term. Anything else is a distraction.” – Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook Source: Forbes
May the fourth is one of the best days of the year. It’s not just a clever pun (“May the fourth be with you”), but also, if you didn’t know already, today is actually Star Wars day. Yeah we get it, before “The Force Awakens” came out, it felt like every day was Star Wars day, with stores selling themed apparel, games, toys, blood pressure medication, retainers and who knows what else. But to celebrate this special occasion anyway, we at the Clog have compiled a list of quotes relevant to finals season. We’ll begin with the bad memories of the prequels. We often pretend that these movies — like our first frat parties in freshman year — never happened.
— Darth Vader, Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
This is self-explanatory. This quote is the knee-jerk reaction of any college student as they finally sit down and realize that they’re more screwed than Alderaan, the planet that blew up in Episode IV.
“I don’t like sand. It’s coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere.”
— Anakin Skywalker, Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
This quote is great for when you can’t remember absolutely anything that you studied but are trying your best to write a brilliant in-class essay. This one might be the most illuminating quote in the entire Star Wars franchise. Why didn’t Hayden Christensen win an Oscar for this? Read More at Source: Dailycal